To be successful in business, it is imperative to create a loyal, supportive and long-lasting community. Facebook groups are one of the best ways to make this happen. Within a group, you can establish friendships and provide a service for your customers which results in a win-win situation for everyone involved!
- You can set up Facebook Groups three different ways: Public, Closed, or Secret. A Public setting means that anyone can locate your group and see all of its contents without being a member, so you’re basically an open book. A Closed group can still be found in a search and joined by sharing the url, but people have to be members to view the posts. Secret groups are way less common because people have to be added by the creator (you) or another admin. It’s not ideal unless your intention is to keep the group small, intimate and extremely private. As in, no one will be able to find your group in a search and you can’t reverse the setting. We suggest setting your group visibility to Closed so that your members feel exclusive as well as comforted by the fact that their posts will only be seen by the group members.
- Create Various Types of Groups. A team group, VIP customer group and a niche (or support) group all provide different and unique communities but their core components are the same: to help others and provide value. With CinchShare, it’s easy to manage several groups! Just remember to always deliver quality content and adhere to the 80/20 rule of marketing. Post 80% non-product posts to 20% product posts. Your group isn’t about selling and pushing product, but about building a rapport with your members. Posting once or twice a week about your business is enough to let them know what you do and where they should go to purchase your products. The majority of the time you want to pump out content that will help them and offer value. This will keep them coming back for more and they’ll be more likely to invite their friends to join them.
- Give your Group a Purpose. Our SocialCinch Club is where we chat with our customers and friends on a daily basis. We provide social media marketing tips as well as the latest industry news and share about CinchShare’s unique features. It’s a fun and relaxed atmosphere where we all learn from one another. You can create a group for whatever it is that you are passionate about. Then, simply by posting related topics on your Timeline and Business Page and including your group link, people will share your posts and join your group! (Hint: Using TextClips for this will save a ton of time!)
- Throw Parties and Share Products in your Group. A different way to go about promoting your business in a group is to create an event within your group for Facebook parties or classes. It’s great for a niche group, team training or VIP flash sale! Members are already in the group because they share the same interests as you which means they are very likely to join the event to see what you have to offer. Albums are also wonderful for showcasing products within a group setting. You can have several albums for different themes (i.e., seasonal, gifts, styles). You will then have a place to direct your group members when they ask you questions. Don’t forget to add your ordering info to the album!
- Use Groups for Facebook Parties and Classes. We know many of you prefer throwing your parties and classes in Facebook Groups. The only thing we want to enforce is that you DO NOT add members without their consent. Always, always, always give people the link so that they can join on their own and make sure to tell your members to give their friends your group link as well. Adding people can result in a Facebook block, aka FB Jail, as they can report you for soliciting and harassment. You simply don’t want to take that risk! Other than that, Facebook Groups are a great way to throw a party! Honestly, they are just as much fun in a group as they are in an event setting. The choice of where you throw your parties is yours! We encourage you to try out both so that you can see which works best for you.