Relax. You don’t have to do everything or be everywhere to be effective.
When it comes to growing your small business or brand, we’ll be the first to admit there’s no magic formula to becoming an overnight success – but who wants to be a flash in the pan anyway?
As you get into the groove with growing your business, picking which social media platforms to use can feel overwhelming. No need to feel intimidated — you definitely don’t have to do everything or be everywhere in order to be effective!
When you really break it down, each social media platform offers its own unique way to reach new markets and connect with new people. The trick is finding which platforms make the most sense for YOUR business, and how they can work together to create some super-powered synergy! Keep reading for a breakdown on each platform and what makes it unique to small business owners …
- Instant access to anyone interacting with your personal or business page, group or event
- Answer questions/comments in real time
- Collaborate and tag partners for better reach
- Ability to host events, create promotions, list services, go live, create polls and image slideshows, host watch parties, etc.
- Utilize Facebook groups to create exclusive content for your audience
- Roughly 2.5 billion users worldwide
- Most active platform for global reach with more than 1 billion monthly active users
- Connect to like-minded accounts instantly all across the globe through hashtag utilization.
- Instagram Story content brings a relatable touch to your business
- Reach a younger audience creatively with filters, gifs and bitmojis
- Instagram’s insights feature breaks down all the data you could ever want to know about who visits your profile, when, and from where
- A more visual platform for promoting your business
- Great way to connect with other leaders, influencers, press/media and public figures
- Retweets allow for instant collaboration with other brands
- Twitter is a great driver of traffic to other social platforms/blogs/websites
- Well-developed hashtags make it easy to find topical content fast
- Build networks and connections with businesses/individuals who want to help you grow
- Gain instant access to potential future employees/collaborators
- Create groups to align with people who share your company’s values
- LinkedIn’s multi language tool makes connecting with global partners a breeze
- Stunning visual boards give consumers an immediate idea of your brand’s aesthetic
- Pinning new content creates hundreds of new active links to the personal website/blog of your choosing
- Provides a shareable, visual platform for your business’ message
- Keyword searches make it easy for consumers to find your products and services
- Gain access to instant analytics that allow you to see who your target market is
The most important thing to remember with social media and business is to stay active! Your audience WANTS to hear from you, and oftentimes it’s that personal touch that keeps people coming back for more. How many platforms do you use for your small business?